1. Do use a face primer. Face primers add minimal moisture whilst acting as a 'second skin'. Since the primer is applied to the skin first, this gives the makeup something '' to hold on to. This is especially great news for persons who are allergic to foundation.
2. Use a water based foundation. These come in liquids, as well as creams.
3. Keep yourself hydrated by drinking water.
4. If you must use a moisturizer, make sure that it is one that is a light formula, and only apply it to the areas of the face that need it.
5. Use an eye primer and top with powder before applying eyeshadow.
6. Blot your lips with tissue. This will keep your lip color evenly placed on your lips, whether it is starting to fade or not.
7. If using long-wearing lip colors, you may want to refer to tip #6 after eating especially if the food contains oil. Oily foods will cause these colors to transfer since it is oil that removes them from the skin.
8. Apply the same shade of lip pencil as your lip color. This will give it 'staying power'. Even though the lip color transfers, the pencil tends to stay on for the long haul, so your lips will have some color well into the thick of the festivites!